Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fall So Far

September started out hard for the little man. On Labor Day, Andrew slipped and fell into the end table in the den resulting in a trip the ER. He had on some hand-me-down pj's (don't get me wrong, I LOVE hand-me-downs) and the grippers had lost their grip...lesson learned for the mom. He was a champ though and stopped crying before we even left the house. I called James until he answered which took three tries and we made a stop by the adult ER so Doctor Daddy could confirm my fears...he needed stitches. We headed over to children's and went straight to a room...thanks to James' higher-ups :). I was handling everything fine until it hit me that Andrew would likely have to be sedated...I mean how else are you going to put stitches in a 15 month old's face? And he had just eaten...so they initially told me it would be 4 hours, which I understood. Fortunately they were able to just give him oral medicine to sedate him, i.e. make him drunk, and the plastics fellow happened to be in the ED for another consult and fixed Andrew right up. And James made it over just in time to be moral support for me :). Poor little guy! Hopefully the scar will fade with time. 
Waiting on the Versed to work it's magic...
Now we're feeling good :)
Good as new and enjoying a popsicle.

We also celebrated my 10 year high school reunion in September. Now that is an event that will make you feel old! I really enjoyed catching up with everyone and dinner at Maggiano's never disappoints! I am sad though that I did not take a single picture!

Andrew LOVES to be outside and has been having a lot of fun "helping" James with yard work.


We spent two weeks at my parents' house while James worked at Sumner Regional for his community rotation. It was a good change of scenery for all of us. Andrew chased my parent's dog around everyday yelling, "Cat, cat, kitty cat!" Very entertaining. 

We are looking forward to going to the City of Children in November. I haven't been since 2006 and that is way too long! I hope everyone is enjoying all the things that make fall my favorite season!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that picture of Andrew is unbelievably precious! I can't imagine a cuter little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that Andrew had a trip to the ER!! Nathan actually took a spill last week in his second-hand pjs for the same reason, but reading your blog finally motivated me to take some action! I googled "non-slip socks" and found that supposedly you can use fabric paint or puff paint to DIY non-skid socks and I'm sure that would work on footie pjs too. Hopefully I'll actually get around to doing Nathan's, but just wanted to pass on that bit of info to you too! Glad life is good for you three!

    ReplyDelete