Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Here they are...

So this is Nanny and Gandy. It has now been a little over a month since the car accident and I am in awe of the miracle God has worked before our eyes. This photo was taken last Tuesday. It had been nearly four weeks since they had seen each other and at this time, Nanny was still in the ICU.

Gandy is doing really well with physical therapy and is gaining strength and more mobility every day. Andrew and I visited him last week and I knew he was feeling better because his sense of humor seemed to have returned to its pre-accident level :). He got a good report yesterday from the orthopedic surgeon and will hopefully be able to start putting weight on his leg in three weeks.  

Nanny is now out of the ICU, off oxygen, and had her trach removed today--praise God! She has one remaining surgery on her left ankle in about six weeks and will probably be discharged later this week to some sort of rehab facility until it's time for surgery. One of her docs told us two weeks ago that when she arrived they did not expect her to make it longer than a week. I understand that physicians have to be realistic, but I am glad they didn't tell us that. And my response to it is...they didn't know my Nanny (she's very feisty) and they didn't know how many people were lifting her up in prayer to our Mighty Father. 
I am so thankful for all the prayers lifted up for my grandparents and my family. I am also thankful for every physician, nurse, therapist, tech, etc, that has taken care of them. They have received excellent care. 

And all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the LORD, for it is an awesome thing that I will do with you. Exodus 34:10

1 comment:

  1. This is just amazing! Continuing to pray for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete