Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Graduate

I know what you're thinking, "You're husband graduated in MAY!". That's correct; he did graduate in May. But his graduation may/may not have been overshadowed by the birth of a child. I would have blogged about his graduation at the time, but we were both in the fog that accompanies becoming parents. So I decided to blog about it now. In a 9 day period we became a family of three, James graduated, and we moved to Nashville. I wouldn't recommend anyone trying that. Becoming parents and graduating are blogworthy. For the sake of our marriage, the move is not discussed :). 
This picture was taken early on Friday morning before Convocation, which is the hooding ceremony for the medical students. Andrew slept about 3 hours Thursday night and James and I slept less than that. Poor James probably wouldn't remember the day at all if we had not taken pictures!
Here are James and his parents, Sara and Sam, after Convocation.
And my parents...
And all of the Parnell crew after Convocation.
Sweet, seven day old little Andrew in his daddy's hood. My sister, Meggie was sweet enough to keep him so that I could attend convocation.

I am so proud of James and his hard work over the past four years, and the work he continues to do in an ER near you!

2 comments:

  1. Yay James! I was talking to Megan the other day and she said she gets to work with him some and that he does such a great job. Nothing I didn't expect! Love you guys! Pictures of ornaments soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet! It's so fun to look back and see how tiny they were! And YAY! for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete