Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lately

On September 27th, James started the first of two ICU rotations for his intern year. This is not really that fun for any member of our family as it involves many more hours at the hospital than working in the Emergency Department. So in order to give ourselves something to look forward to, we planned a trip to Grayton Beach for November.



No one will come back with a tan, but there will be no hospital shifts and lots of good seafood and family time. And there will be two grandparents to help take care of and spoil the Little Mister. It's a win for everyone :). 

Speaking of little Andrew, he has a new favorite toy: Sophie the Giraffe. Anything he can get his hands on goes straight to his mouth these days, but he was having a hard time getting his teethers into his mouth. I had heard about Sophie, so yesterday we set out to find her. The lady at the store said "Sophie is like catnip for babies." A little weird for a comparison I thought, but Andrew does love her.  



James also has a new toy...
And people- if you are considering a Kindle, you should definitely spend the extra $50 and get the 3G wireless. It is a one-time fee for 3G wireless. Unfortunately James' timing on purchasing this was bad because of his new found devotion to the ICU where he worked 78 hours during the first week. I'm sure he will enjoy it much more in a couple of weeks and especially at the beach. 

Now onto important things like UT football. To say this season has been a disapointment so far would be an understatement, but I can't say I'm surprised. I feel like most reasonable UT fans were expecting this. But I have high hopes for this man and the things he will accomplish while in Knoxville. I would also like to know what hair products he uses as it seems there is never a hair out of place.


Also I have been reading this book...
I first read an excerpt on Donald Miller's blog and then borrowed my sister's copy. I would definitely recommend it.

New Andrew pics coming soon! 


2 comments:

  1. It is so nice to see you back. I love the picture of Andrew in the header. I don't think he could get any cuter.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's SO cute! Make him stop growing til we can get back to Nashville!!!
    BTW... 78 hours is insane... praying for you!

    ReplyDelete