Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tennessee Tuesday

I recently found another Memphis Gem. No, its not a new flavor at Muddy's Bake Shop (although there is always something new to try). On Tuesdays with a Tennessee Driver's License you get in free after 2 PM at the Memphis Zoo. I've been twice in the last three weeks to enjoy the animals. I would've been batting a thousand, but one day I showed up without my ID. I know, all you have to do is show up with your ID, and I left the house with my ID laying on the kitchen counter.


The Polar Bear peeking through the "sniffing hole" at us.



Old Man. Check out that face.



Young Man with bottle some lowlife threw in. He filled it up with water from the pond and was drinking out of it.



Love that petting zoo.



The Rhino we got to ride.


Tennessee Tuesday proves to be another of Memphis' gems. I often say that Memphis gets a "bad rap" and isn't as terrible as people make it out to be. Let Tennessee Tuesday at the Memphis Zoo represent one of the reasons that this is true.

Recently my accompaniment to the Zoo has been Craig Wright and Brandon Lokey. I plan to go each Tuesday until Andrew comes, and maybe take him although I'm not sure what kind of zoonoses he might catch. Who's coming with me next week?


No comments:

Post a Comment