Monday, March 15, 2010

Nertz Weekend sans Nertz con ROCKBAND

Nertz Weekend 2010 was planned to follow Nertz Weekend 2009 that occurred last fall. However, after THE MAN made Heather work against her will, Nertz weekend 2010 featured no card games, but did prove to be a blast. Our time was instead filled with delicious BBQ, maximum bro-time (from 11-2 on Saturday), Buzzword, Jerry's SnoCones, buzzcuts, Muddy's Bake Shop, Super Mario Bros Wii, burgers with pimento cheese and grilled onions, Elvis sitings, and what may be pushing Nertz aside... ROCKBAND.


Brandon, Russ, Craig and James having Maximum Bro-Time at Central BBQ.



James, Liz, Meaghan, Brandon, Anna, and Craig at Muddy's.



I'd never played ROCKBAND before, but I'm hooked. I am convinced that when ROCKBAND is turned on, people morph into entirely different people with inhibitions thrown into the wind. Think about it: Who really gets in front of their friends and sings as loud as possible? And who grabs instruments they have never seen before and acts like they are Bon Jovi? This game is fabulous and the following pictures will tell you why.


Liz and I rockin' out.



Brandon and Kelsey. Brandon has transformed into Jimi Hendrix.



Craig "Pounding out some MBOD" Wright on the drums.



The ear-tingling crooning of Russ, James, and Brandon.



Meaghan tickling the twines on the guitar accompanied by Liz on the mic.



Nothing says "I'm feeling it" and "this is the real deal" like sticks in the air.



We had a fabulous weekend hanging out with some great friends we grown very close to while we've been in Memphis the last four years. We were glad Russ made it and missed Heather not being here. But Heather should see how much her presence was missed - as we couldn't even bare to deal the cards for a game of Nertz.

And no good weekend in Memphis passes without an Elvis siting. Seen below is a picture I snipped of Elvis at our local "stab 'n grab" Kroger on Poplar and Cleveland.





No comments:

Post a Comment