Monday, March 22, 2010

"The envelope please..."

Ask me what the best week of my life is recently? I'll probably tell you Match Week. Not only was it an exciting time to find out where we would spend the next era of our life, but it was a week filled with good friends, family, and lots of fun times.

Pre-Match Breakfast.



On Monday, March15, 2010, I found out that I had matched in Emergency Medicine. I like to think of this as the day that I confirmed that I had actually inputted my rank list correctly and certified it. I had in fact done that leaving me in wait for 3 more days.

Thursday, March 18th was Match Day. UT's festivities were held at the beautiful Pink Palace in Memphis on a gorgeous day. Our friends had planned to all open our envelopes together, but my friends couldn't stand the wait. That might have been because I was in the slowest line ever to get my envelope and thought the Class of 2011 might match before I received mine. The time finally arrived for me to open my envelope...





I was very excited to have received my first choice and to be back in Nashville to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. We are looking forward to reuniting with many old friends and being near our families.


Booton is always good for an embrace after a big moment.



Kelsey matched in Nashville too!



The proud family.



Jay matched in Derm. Genius.



Muddy's Bake Shop had a nice surprise for us.



Craig will be down the road in Jackson.



The Lipscomb EM boys. Booton and Lokey are headed to Birmingham.


The week was capped off by Caduceus Ball on Saturday night, annual celebration of the M4 class, at the Cadre Building in Memphis. We all had a great time celebrating the end of Match Week and spending time together. Not to mention the fun we had watching a lot of future doctors tear up the dance floor.

The Lipscomb crowd plus Gavin (who should have come to Lipscomb).



Liz and I at the Ball.



All said, Match Week was by far the best week of medical school and produced many memories. I am so excited and blessed to have matched at Vanderbilt and look forward to my training there.

The move to Nashville will be May 31st - looking for volunteers to unload the truck. And we're still looking for a place to live. We'll be house and rental shopping, but if you have a house that you need someone to live in or elderly acquaintances that need an MD to live in their guest house - let me send you my CV! We appreciate everyone's help in giving us any leads to help us find our new home!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you both! Nashville is going to be such a blessing I'm sure.

    How is Andrew doing? Can't wait til he is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss y'all so much! However, be sure to visit Sweet 16th Bakery often while in Nashvegas. Best ever scones and my favorite thing ever- the gritatta (grits plus fritatta). Dan and Ellen own/run the place and they are my bakery BFFs. Best of luck to both of y'all and Andrew. Definitely come visit us every time you're in Memphis, and we'll continue to check the blog for updates!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete