Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sweet Caroline




So I just got home from a going away party that my sister's friends are throwing her tonight. She is leaving Friday for Mexico where she will be working for Baja Missions for the next eleven months. She will be translating for groups that come to do work for the churches and reaching out specifically to the women in those congregations. I know she has been dreaming about this for YEARS and I feel certain that God has prepared her for this adventure. And as happy as I am for her, I still can't stop the tears from rolling down my face. The longest I have ever gone without seeing her was for the semester she studied abroad in Costa Rica...and that was long enough! Enough being sad though. I look forward to her blogging about her adventure and skyping with her as much as possible! Caroline, I am so excited for you and I know that you will be a blessing in the lives of many on this journey. 


                                     

2 comments:

  1. She's such an incredible girl! I'll be praying for her, for the adventures she'll be having, and for your family...I know you girls are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    As soon as I saw "Sweet Caroline", I lost it. I have been stifling the tears for a while now, but I suppose it is good to let them go. I know I am only a 'self-proclaimed' Bumpus, but I love you all like sisters. Caroline is going to bless so many. I suppose we should share her for a while. So proud of her.

    ReplyDelete