After exploring Winston-Salem, Elizabeth and I attended dinner with the Wake Forest residents at Foothills Brewing Company on Sunday night. My interview at Wake Forest was on Monday. During our visit, I took Elizabeth to Wake Forest University's campus, as I had considered it for undergrad. It is a beautiful campus and is a must see if you are in Winston-Salem. Below is Wait Chapel on the campus of Wake Forest University.
On Monday afternoon, we headed to Chapel Hill, NC to take in UNC-Chapel Hill where we stayed at the Siena Hotel. Thank you priceline for your favorable rate and to the hotel for their 400 thread count sheets. My interview at Chapel Hill was on Tuesday morning and I got to have lunch with Dr. Tintinalli - Guru/textbook writer of Emergency Medicine. Below is a picture of UNC-Chapel Hill's famous bell tower.
Tuesday evening, we scrambled to Charlotte arriving 30 minutes before our dinner with the residents from Carolinas Medical Center at Rock Bottom Brewery. I know, lots of bar food. I interviewed at Carolinas on Wednesday morning. By Wednesday afternoon, we were tearing up the road back through Chapel Hill and into Virginia.
Needless to say, I loved having Elizabeth with me and being able to share the experience of residency interviews with her. I think she enjoyed meeting the resident's spouses and getting to know them with me, or at least she was a good sport about it. I think I wore her down with the 3 interviews in as many days, but we had a pleasure trip ahead of us. Our trip continued into our next blog post - Washington DC.
No comments:
Post a Comment